In SAP FICO ERP Compay code is the smallest organizational unit. A Company can have several company codes. Normally the company’s financial statements are viewing by using company code levels. If a company has several SBU’s/divisions it can create several company codes. This will help to prepare a consolidated financial statements.
In order to follow this tutorial you have to follow my define company code in SAP ERP previous SAP Free tutorial.
How to assign company code to Company.
- Type SPRO in the command window and hit the enter key.
- The next window, click on the “SAP Reference IMG” icon.
- Then navigate to “SAP Customizing implementation Guide>Enterprises Structure> Assingment>Financial Accounting”. Next, click on the “Assign company code to company”.
- Next window, select your company code (if it has several company codes). Then click on the search button next like following screenshot.
- The next window, select the company that you wish to assign to the target company code. To select a company double click on the relevant company name.
- Click on the top “Save” button.
- Then it shows the customizing request prompt. Click its “continue” button.
Now it automatically saves the changes and assigned a company code to a company.
I’m a part time blogger and I blog as a hobby. I have a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) Special degree in the University of Peradeniya (Sri Lanka) and I’m a part qualified CMA Sri Lanka.