In this SAP FICO ERP tutorial I’m going to show how to create a new company in SAP. In this free SAP FICO guide I use SAP IDES. It’s a demo system which is specifically used for the train purposes. If you are interesting to learn SAP training you can find IDES service providers on the internet. Creating a company is the first step for self training.
Creating a company file is the first step of this detail tutorial.
- Login to your SAP IDES by using user name and password.
- Type “SPRO” without quotes like the following screenshot and click the “Right” mark or just hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- In the “Customizing Execute Project” click on “SAP Reference IMG”.
- The next “Display IMG” navigate to “SAP Customizing Implementation Guide>Enterprise Structure>Financial Accounting>Define Company“. Then click on the “clock icon”.
- Then click on the “New Entries” button.
- After that add your company details. In here “Currency“, “Language key“,”Currency” should be in short format. You can find the relevant short codes by click on the search icon. Apart from that in the following window you have to submit the company registered name and address; including the PO Box (if available) and Postal code.
- The currency is your company locally use currency.
- Next, click on the “Save” button. Most of the time, then it will ask request code.
- If it shows “Customizing Request prompts” type, the “Request” and click on it “Own Request” button.
- The next window, click on the “white” icon which is shown like the following screenshot.
- Next window type the detail of the request. In here, you only need to enter the “Short description” of the request. Then click on the “Save” button.
- Once clicked on the save button again, it shows the previous setup window. Double click on the relevant request to select it.
- Next window it automatically fill the necessary information. So no need to fill anything else. Just like on the “Save” button (Right mark).
- Finally, you will again come to the “Detail Entries: Detail of Added Entries” window. Click its “Save” button.
Now you have successfully created a company in your SAP FI ERP. The next step is “Assign a company code”.
I’m a part time blogger and I blog as a hobby. I have a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) Special degree in the University of Peradeniya (Sri Lanka) and I’m a part qualified CMA Sri Lanka.