The SAP ERP business area is a separate organization division. In a large organization, we can identify regional wise, country wise business divisions/branches. After creating business areas, it can generate financial reports according to each business area. Therefore, that financial information can use to benchmark each business division’s performance.
How to create Business Area in SAP FICO.
- Type SPRO in command box.
- Click on the “SAP Reference IMG” button.
- Next window, navigate to “SAP Customizing Implementation Guide>Enterprises Structure>Definition>Financial Accounting>Define Business Area”. Then click on the “Define Business Area”.
- Click on the “New Entries” button.
- The next window needs to add the Business area code and its description. Business area code should be four characters long. In here you can add multiple business areas as per requirement.
- Click on the Save button.
Now it created business areas.
I’m a part time blogger and I blog as a hobby. I have a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) Special degree in the University of Peradeniya (Sri Lanka) and I’m a part qualified CMA Sri Lanka.