SAP ERP system, Company and Company code is somewhat different. The company is the main company and company code is a sub-company. In another term SAP Company is a Parent company and Company code is its subsidiary company. Therefore a one company can have several company codes. It’s mainly useful for the reporting purposes.
Each of the company code should use the same Chart of Accounts and the Fiscal Year. It makes easier to consolidation process. Although the each of the company can use different local currency. The company financial statements are view by company code.
In this tutorial we have to create a Company Code and then it should assign to a Company. In my previous tutorial I demonstrated how to create a company in SAP ERP how to create a company in SAP ERP. If you don’t follow that step it’s recommended to read that guide before define company code in SAP FICO .
How to Create a Company Code.
- Type SPRO in command box like the following screenshot.
- Next it will open “Customizing Execuite Project” window. Then click on the “SAP Reference IMG” button.
- Then “Display IMG” window, navigate to “SAP Customizing implementation Guide>Enterprise Structure>Financial Accounting>Edit,Copy,Delete,Check Company Code”. Double click on the “Edit,Copy,Delete,Check Company Code” clock icon.
- The choose activity window, double click on “Edit Company Code data”.
- The Change view company code window, click on “New Entries” button.
- Then, next window type the unique code for SAP ERP Company code. Its use for identifying this company. Then fill the other relevant details. It’s recommended to fill the “Additional details”.
- Click on the “Save” icon to go to the next step. Then add more details about your company code. After adding all the required details click on the bottom “Save” button.
- The next window, click on the bottom “Save” button.
- Click once on the “Save” button it will request customizing request prompt. Click its OK button (Right mark)
Now we have completed the SAP FI company code create step. Then we have to assign this code to the SAP FI Company.
I’m a part time blogger and I blog as a hobby. I have a BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) Special degree in the University of Peradeniya (Sri Lanka) and I’m a part qualified CMA Sri Lanka.